Translate:
HomeCo
Home
Countywide Vision
Services A-Z
Services
Visiting
Living
Working
Contacts
Email Subscriptions
E-Subscriptions
Envelope GovDelivery NoticesGet e-mail updates when this information changes.

Golf tournament to benefit Big Bear Alpine Zoo

big bear alpine zoo friendsOn Sunday, April 19, the Friends of the Big Bear Alpine Zoo will host its second annual fundraising golf tournament at the renowned Indian Wells Golf Resort that is both breathtaking in beauty and a challenge for all skills. The Friends of the Big Bear Alpine Zoo are very excited to have this opportunity to provide an outstanding day of golf for our supporters.

  • Registration – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.
  • Putting Contest – 11 a.m.
  • Lunch – 12 p.m.
  • Tee-Off – 12:30 p.m.
  • Awards Banquet – 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.

The funds raised at the tournament will be used to build an amazing “Raccoon Saloon” for the raccoons that live at the zoo.  Our raccoons are very much in need of a larger exhibit that will provide stimulation and enrichment.

Cost is $150.00 per player or $600 per foursome and openings are still available.

If you are not a golfer, but would still like to contribute, we have several tee sponsorships available for $500.

The Big Bear Alpine Zoo is a place for rescue, rehabilitation and release.  It offers injured, orphaned and imprinted wild animals a safe haven, temporarily, while they heal, or permanently, if they are unable to survive on their own.  In fact, 90% of the animals that are brought in are released back into the wild; the remaining 10% are given a home for life.

Information: Lorie Judd 909-866-9700 or Gale Nichols 909-878-4200 or www.bigbearalpinezoo.org.

The Big Bear Alpine Zoo is part of the Big Bear Valley Recreation and Park District, County of San Bernardino, Special Districts Department.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Twitter @SBCountyFollow @SBCounty on Twitter!