Vision, Mission, Values
We envision a county where all persons have the opportunity to enjoy optimum wellness, whether they have experienced mental illness or substance use disorders.
San Bernardino County Behavioral Health Programs strive to be recognized as a progressive system of seamless, accessible and effective services that promote prevention, intervention, recovery and resiliency for individuals, families and communities.
We embrace the following values:
- Clients and families as central to the purpose of our Vision and Mission.
- Sensitivity to and respect for all clients, families, communities, cultures and languages.
- Effective services in the least intrusive and/or restrictive environment.
- Positive and supportive settings with state-of-the-art technologies.
- Open and honest dialogue among all stakeholders.
- Partnerships and collaborations that share leadership, decision-making, ownership and accountability.
- Each other as our most valuable asset, and collectively the empowerment that this provides.
- A well-trained and competent workforce.
- Empowering and supporting staff in their personal and professional development.
- Responsible use of our resources to ensure financial sustainability.