For DBH Employees
May 22, 2020 UPDATE
DBH is required to comply with emergency cost tracking and reporting requirements set by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), the California Department of Social Services (CDSS), and the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) in response to COVID-19. Following this updated guidance is a critical component to potential cost recovery.
EMACS TRACKING FOR ACS & NCS SITES
Effective immediately, employees are required to identify labor hours related to responding to each respective Alternative Care Site (ACS) or Non-Congregate Sheltering Sites (NCS) using the applicable code combinations. Use both the GLOBAL and LOCATION field when coding time into EMACS:
Click here for quick codes reference guide.
OTHER COVID RESPONSE ACTIVITIES
For other COVID Response related activities please use the following applicable codes.
HOW TO VIEW GLOBAL AND LOCATION FIELDS IN EMACS
Step 1 – User Preferences – Turn on the ‘Global’ flag in user preferences to display the Global field on your eTime entry page and save.
Path: Self Service > eTime Reporting > eTime User Preferences
Step 2 – When submitting time for approval, use ‘Global’ codes in conjunction with TRC codes:
Path: Self Service > eTime Reporting > eTime Entry
FAMILIES FIRST CORONAVIRUS RESPONCE ACT (FFCRA)
The FFCRA provides County employees emergency paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for specified reasons related to COVID-19.
As DBH is classified as a Health Care Provider/Emergency Responder and are only eligible for Emergency Paid Sick Leave (ESPL) if they meet one of the following conditions:
(2) You have been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine related to COVID-19 or
(3) You are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms (fever, cough and/or shortness of breath – subject to change by the CDC) AND you are seeking a medical diagnosis.
An employee statement may be requested for EPSL, pursuant to federal guidelines. All requests for proof shall be made in compliance with the Labor Code and other law. Below are EPSL documentation guidelines for qualifying conditions No. 2 and 3:
A note from a health care provider excusing the employee from work due to concerns related to COVID-19.
For more questions on the FFCRA, visit https://cms.sbcounty.gov/Portals/54/Documents/Benefits/Wellness/HR%20Guidance%20for%20Managers%20and%20Employees_4.2.2020.pdf.
- CDC: Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure
- CDC: What to do if your sick
- SB County Public Health: Home Isolation Instructions for Novel CoronaVirus 2019
- SB County Human Resources: Guidance and Resources
- DBH Information Notice 20-04: Coronavirus Information for DBH Workforce
For questions contact, DBH HR/Payroll at DBH-HR@dbh.sbcounty.gov or (909) 388-0900