Education & Training
DBH provides live trainings to DBH and contract agency staff as requested. The trainings can be clinical or non-clinical.
Clinical training examples include:
- 5150 Training
- Clinical Supervision
- Cyber Bullying and Social Media
- Law & Ethics for Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol Providers
Non-clinical training examples include:
- Assaultive Behavior for Supervisors
- CPR/First Aid
- Deaf Sensitivity
- Mental Health First Aid
- Direct Service Training
WET currently provides Continuing Education credits/units for:
- American Psychological Association
- California Association of Marriage & Family Therapists (for Board of Behavioral Sciences regulated disciplines)
- Board of Registered Nurses
- California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators
WET is currently completing the application for Continuing Medical Education (CME) accreditation for medical staff.
In addition to live trainings, DBH uses Relias Learning as an online learning management system for online trainings. Relias provides over 500 web-based online self-paced courses. Some of the courses provide continuing education credits/units for licensure needs. Relias is also able to provide a transcript of all the completed online courses and face-to-face trainings. DBH also uses Relias to track participants enrolled in the live trainings.
To Login: Visit the Relias Learning website. Use your DBH login information previously issued.
To Register: For a live class or online course.
- From your My Learning Page, (default home page when you login) click on the “Add a course” hyperlink on the right of the Current Training tab.
- A new page will open. At the top of the page you will see a search bar on the left.
- Type in the first few words of the title of the training you are looking for. Click on the blue “magnifying glass” button and Relias will list the trainings available.
- Find the event (or course) you want to attend, use caution to ensure it is the session, date & time you want, and click on the “Enroll” button to register for the class.
- You will see a blue banner across the page confirming your enrollment.
- If you click the “x” it will take you back to your opening page. The course you just enrolled in will now appear on your My Learning Page and you will receive an automated email from Relias confirming your enrollment.
Leadership Development Program
Workforce Education and Training (WET) was designed to address the county’s workforce education and training needs in the County. It provides training for Department of Behavioral Health (DBH) employees and contract agencies as well as addresses workforce development needs of the mental health system throughout San Bernardino County and to develop strategies and educational programs that meet the identified needs that supports the Mental Health Services Act philosophy and concepts. WET ensures that the citizens of San Bernardino County are supported from cradle to career and are given the opportunity to be life long learners.
View the Career Development Brochure.