For questions, language assistance services or requests for disability-related accommodations, free of charge, please contact DBHtraining@dbh.sbcounty.gov or call (800) 722-9866 (Dial 7-1-1 for TTY users). Para obtener esta información en Español comuníquese con DBHtraining@dbh.sbcounty.gov o llame al (800) 722-9866.
- This event has passed.
Deaf Sensitivity Training
October 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Intended Audience: DBH and contract agency staff
Upon completion of this training session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss deaf culture and demonstrate strategies to improve communication with deaf and hard of hearing consumers.
- Identify barriers and discuss strategies to eliminate these obstacles.
- Discuss and identify ways to eliminate myths and misconceptions about the deaf community.
- Identify tools and techniques to become Deaf-friendly service accessible.
- Discuss the Americans with Disabilities Act, and model policies and practices for county behavioral health systems and contract agencies.
This course meets 2 hours of the DBH Cultural Competency training requirement.
Note: Participants must sign in and sign out on the attendance sheet to receive course credit and/or continuing education (CE) credit. Additionally, participants must attend the entire class session, no partial credit will be awarded. CE Credit is only awarded for actual attendance time. Course Completion Certificates will be available via Relias in 10 business days. Breaks and lunches are not eligible for CE credit.
If you need assistance with registration, please call 800-722-9866 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Event information is subject to change without notice. All events can be saved to Outlook using the Export button. You can also view the DBH Events – Print Version.
*For more information about DBH Events, call Public Relations and Outreach 909.386.9720 or email at DBH_Outreach@dbh.sbcounty.gov