APPEAL OF A LAND USE DECISION
Appeals must be formally submitted before the effective date of the decision being appealed in order to be eligible for consideration. Please be advised that you must submit payment of the appeal fees in order to submit an appeal application. For current appeal fees, please consult the Land Use Services Department Fee Schedule.
APPEAL HEARING PROCEDURES FOR APPEALS TO THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
Within 30 days after an appeal application is accepted, Staff will schedule the appeal hearing date before the County of San Bernardino Board of Supervisors (Board). Staff will confer with the Appellant and the Project Applicant to consider availability of all parties in scheduling the Board hearing.
The Appellant and the Project Applicant must submit the following information no later than one week in advance of the hearing date:
- Speaker Names: Submit the names of presenters speaking on behalf of the Appellant and the Project Applicant to the Project Planner.
- Presentation Materials: Submit any exhibits or presentation materials you intend to present at the Board hearing.
- PowerPoint presentations are optional, and must be sent by e-mail to the project planner. The maximum file size is 5 MB.
- Submit 8 paper copies of Power Point slides or any other exhibits.
- County staff does not assist with PowerPoint presentations. A wireless mouse is provided for the presenter.
On the day of the Board hearing, plan to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled hearing time, which is typically 10:00 a.m. The project planner will direct you to reserved seating and give you an orientation to the speakers’ table and operation of multi-media equipment. Hearing Protocol: The following is the standard appeal hearing protocol, which may be modified at the discretion of the Board. Please plan your presentations accordingly:
- Staff report.
- 15-minute presentation by the Appellant.
- 15-minute presentation by the Applicant. (No additional time if the Project Applicant is the Appellant.)
- Public comment – 3 minutes per speaker.
- 5-minute comments by the Applicant. (No additional time if the Project Applicant is the Appellant.)
- 5-minute comments by the Appellant.
Questions, deliberation and decision by the Board.
*Appeals to the Planning Commission will follow the same procedures, subject to the exercise of discretion by the Planning Commission. Please contact the Project Planner for details.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Services Planning||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Appeal" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.