Submitting plans, permit applications, conducting zoning and development project research just got easier with the launch of the new online “Virtual Counter” customer service portal created by the County’s Land Use Services Department.

Customers and potential applicants can now do research online that used to be conducted at the customer service counter, or sometimes by phone.

Now Land Use Services customers have 24-hour, 7-day-a-week access to all the information they need regarding zoning and permitting requirements, fee estimates, and other general information. The Virtual Counter also accepts specific questions, inquiries and complaints that receive individual responses.

“The new Virtual Counter is the latest way the county is using technology to improve public service,” said Board of Supervisors Chairman Curt Hagman. “Now our customers can do everything online through the EZ-Online Permitting Portal. In addition to submitting plans and permit applications, customers now do project research online with Virtual Counter services.”

”This saves trips to County offices and time spent on the phone. This innovation is a huge step forward in our customer service capabilities,” said Land Use Services Director Terri Rahhal.

Land Use Services has also released its very own mobile app, SBC311 – Land Use Services, for Android users. The app brings the Virtual Counter features directly to your smart phone/tablet. The app is currently available at the Google Play store will be available to Apple users in the near future.