|Get e-mail updates when this information changes.|
Candidate filing deadline approaching for 2016 Presidential General Election
Friday, Aug. 12, is the last day for potential candidates to return completed candidate filing documents for offices up for election in the 2016 Presidential General Election.
There are more than 200 local offices up for election in San Bernardino County, including school district, special district, and city offices.
Citizens who are interested in running for school or special district offices up for election may obtain and file the appropriate documents at the San Bernardino County Elections Office, 777 E. Rialto Avenue in San Bernardino, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Completed candidate filing documents must be filed at the Elections Office by 5 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 12.
In addition, citizens may obtain candidacy documents for following special district offices from the district’s secretary, during regular business hours:
- Beaumont-Cherry Valley Water District
- Big Bear Airport District
- Big Bear City Community Services District
- Big Bear Municipal Water District
- Big River Community Services District
- Hi-Desert Memorial Healthcare District
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency
- Mojave Water Agency
- Monte Vista Water District
- San Bernardino Mountains Community Hospital District
- San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
- Yucaipa Valley Water District
Citizens interested in running for city offices up for election must pick up and file their candidate filing documents at the appropriate City Clerk’s office during regular business hours.
For more information on this election, including a complete list of districts with offices up for election, visit SBCountyElections.com or call (909) 387-8300.