Countywide Vision
Services A-Z
Email Subscriptions
Envelope GovDelivery NoticesGet e-mail updates when this information changes.

Free workshops on housing rights and responsibilities

The Inland Fair Housing and Mediation Board will conduct a series of workshops on housing rights and responsibilities throughout the month of October at various locations throughout San Bernardino and Riverside counties.

Each workshop will cover federal and state fair housing laws, how to recognize and report discrimination, the protections provided for individuals living with disabilities or families with children, new HUD guidelines on tenants with criminal backgrounds, evictions, deposits, habitability problems, notices and much more.

Workshops in San Bernardino County will include Oct. 9 in Apple Valley, Oct. 10 in Fontana, Oct. 15 in Joshua Tree, Oct. 16 in Needles, Oct. 17 in Victorville, and Oct. 25 in Rancho Cucamonga. Click here for a complete schedule with times and locations in English and Spanish.

To attend, register online here, call 1-800-321-0911, extension 150, or email




4 thoughts on "Free workshops on housing rights and responsibilities"

  1. Lanette robinson says:

    Iam disabled and i am receiving ssi and ssa. I do have a social worker at cps. I need help finding a place or getting on section8 or something for myself and my kids. My social worker isnt helping me or giveing me any resorces to have that can help me in this situation. I feel shes discriminateing me because of my disability and of course conflict of intrest. Is this the right place to ask for help finding out where i can go or what.i can do? My spcail worker is elisa hernandez from the barstow office of cps

    1. Hi Lanette, we have reached out to the Transitional Assistance Department and the Housing Authority with your concerns and they will get in touch with you. Thank you for reaching out to us.

  2. Yolanda Lopez says:

    Good Evening,
    I could use some guidance.
    My the house next to me has ongoing gang and drug issues. The police are aware of this and we have called them repeatedly. The adult daughter of the owner was arrested in June and according to the court case documents, she was placed on probation, for child endangerment and theft a plea down from possession and under the influence of methamphetamine. . The drug activity has not stopped. The owner does not live in the home, has lets his daughter stay at the house, My question is how do I report her for probation violation . and whom would I contact to hold the owner responsible for the issues that are going on here. He and his wife have been to the house routinely when random people are in the house and cars are coming and going, yet have not done anything to stop it. Myself and the other neighbors are concerned for our safety

    1. Hi Yolanda, please contact the San Bernardino County Probation Department at (909) 387-5841 and let them know of your concerns. As for the nuisance at the property itself, you could contact Code Enforcement. If you live in a city, you should contact the code enforcement officers for that city, if you live in an unincorporated community of the County, please contact San Bernardino County Code Enforcement at (909) 884-4056 or (760) 995-8140. As always, if there is an imminent danger, please call 9-1-1.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Twitter @SBCountyFollow @SBCounty on Twitter!