|Get e-mail updates when this information changes.|
State clarifies playground guidance to include all neighborhood parks
The State has clarified its COVID-19 health guidance to make it clear that neighborhood playgrounds, even those in gated or private communities, are allowed to be open, provided they adhere to certain practices. The previous guidance contained language that seemed to apply only to publicly accessible outdoor playgrounds operated by a city, county, or other public agency.
The State will update its playground guidance soon to reflect this clarification.
The State guidance for playgrounds includes the following provisions:
- Face coverings for everyone 2 years of age or older.
- Not using playgrounds when different households are unable to maintain social distancing.
- Washing or sanitizing hands before and after using playgrounds.
- Elderly and persons with underlying medical conditions should avoid playgrounds when others are present.
- Limiting visits to 30 minutes when others are present.
- Increasing cleaning of frequently touched surfaces by playground operators.