Countywide Vision
Services A-Z
Email Subscriptions
Envelope GovDelivery NoticesGet e-mail updates when this information changes.

Comments or Questions

We hope you enjoy all the information we provide about the County and learn more about the departments and employees who serve you. We welcome your comments, messages and feedback. We’d like this blog to be a lively and interactive exchange of ideas. Above all, have fun and remain courteous!

County Wire has a few rules of conduct:

No inappropriate language.

No threats against any person or organization.

No disparaging comments about individuals.

No advertising/commercial promotion.

Use a valid e-mail address when posting comments.

Please do your best to follow these rules and we won’t have to edit or decline to post your comments and questions. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1.

329 thoughts on "Comments or Questions"

  1. GARY D STRUNK says:

    The county health department has referred me to you for my question: Where can I have water tested for minerals, hardness etc.?

    1. Hi Gary, who provides your water service? You should contact the utility for information.

  2. Candace Kimball says:

    After June 15, 2021, in a church, may the congregation sing and recite vows out loud?
    The church also has a Sunday school for children under the age of 18. The classes/teaching are held the same time as the church service on Sunday. Are those students required to wear a mask? May they also sing and recite out loud? BTW, there is an average of 4 students attending the Sunday school.

    1. The state will not mandate masks after June 15 for those who are vaccinated. Those who are unvaccinated should continue to wear masks, according to CDC guidance. The state of California will follow the CDC guidance after June 15. You can find information on child (care) settings here :

  3. Noelle says:

    Will HOA pools be allowed to open on 6/15 with no restrictions?

    1. HOA pools have been allowed to open for several months now with modifications. There is no longer a social distancing or mask order in place for vaccinated people. An HOA may still have their own rules but they are no longer mandated by the state.

  4. Cheryl Doublet says:

    We have visited several camping locations in the SB county parks. Prado, Yucaipa and most recently Glen Helen. All of them have been great experience except Glen Helen. We arrived to find someone in our spot who should have vacated. It took awhile but the park ranger got them to leave. My question/concern why isn’t someone checking to make sure when a spot is to be vacated that it is done so before the next person arrive. Also the gate to allow you in with a code is broken. When inquired we were told it’s being worked
    on ? Safety of camping is in jeopardy. Glen Helen camping is small but nice and could be better with some TLC

    1. Hi Cheryl, we will let our Parks director know. You will be pleased to hear that the Board of Supervisors have allocated an additional $5 million for our regional parks including Glen Helen for capital improvements.

  5. Wilmer Pena says:

    Hello, I am interested in this piece of land but I don’t know if its a good idea to post the address since other people can compete for it.

    I never bought a piece of land before but wanted to ask some questions regarding what kind of building permit I can have? I am totally new but I would like to see if I can park a trailer there to live there before I build a property!

    1. Hello, you may contact Land Use Services for information on building permits.

  6. Juan V. says:

    I would like to build a fence around my property. Who can I contact to mark the property lines?

    1. Hello, The County Surveyor does not perform surveys on private property. For that you need to hire a Professional Land Surveyor.

      The California Land Surveyors Association offers a search tool for land surveyors on their website, please see the link

      The State Licensing Site also has some good consumer info on land surveying that may help you, and also includes a license lookup tool to ensure that a surveyor’s license is current, and in good standing.

      In addition, we also have a public research website that allows you to look to see if any maps or surveys have already been done in your area or on your property. Here is the information for our research website:

      The County Surveyor’s office research website has been redesigned to be a map centric research tool. Please view the user guide video for detailed instruction on how to use the research website.

      Currently the research website may not work with Microsoft Internet Explorer; we suggest using Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browsers instead.

      User Guide Video: Turn on Closed Captions CC for additional details.

      Research website :

      Once you have the website open, you can move the map to your property location, or you can enter your APN number in the search box in the upper right corner of the map. You can enter the APN without the dashes, and without the four zeros at the end. To view the map with different backgrounds, click on the ‘Basemap Gallery’ button in the upper left part of the map. One of the backgrounds available has aerial photography.

      While we don’t do the actual survey work on private property, we are here to answer any questions you may have about land surveying – please feel free to contact our office at the number at (909) 387-7910.

  7. Black Diamond Construction says:

    I am trying to get an inspectors email address. I have been on the phone on hold for 57 min waiting for response. Can you please send me Joe’s email address. He does inspections here in Lake Arrowhead. Very frustrating service!!!

    1. Hi Bill, we’re not sure who exactly you are trying reach but we’ll let Land Use know you are trying to get through.

  8. Paula T says:

    Homeowner would like information on how this land could be used
    He is interested in ADU and JR.ADU. He was wanting to know if this could be done on his property. Are there any lot coverage limits?

    If its possible, will his current septic change need to be changed to public sewage?

    This is in Bloomington

    1. Contact Land Use Services for information at to get this information.

  9. Elizabeth Baez says:

    I am looking at purchasing property APN 0469-231-04-0000
    before I do I want to inquire about cost to add an address for this land and a permit to add a mobile home as well as a Septic tank. Thank you.

    1. Hello Elizabeth, please contact Land Use Services for assistance or use their Virtual Counter feature here:

  10. Elizabeth Givens says:

    Hello I want to know about three or four different locations are commercial zoned and if I buy would I be permitted to open my business of. Choice?

    1. Hi Elizabeth, here is a link to our zoning maps: and you can contact Land Use if you have further questions at

  11. Rosalba says:

    Question: I’m trying to get my driveway leveled at my home in Running Springs. I have submitted a request on Ezop Portal and the answer I received does not suffice. Where would I obtain Engineered plans?

    Assigned to Melinda Hernandez
    Marked as Additional Info Required on 10/08/2021 by Melinda Hernandez
    Comment: In order to move forward with this permit. A full set of engineered plans will be required. Thank you

    1. Hello Rosalba, please call Land Use Services Toll Free (800) 722-4542 or Direct Line (909) 387-8311 and they will be able to answer questions specific to your project.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Twitter @SBCountyFollow @SBCounty on Twitter!