This webpage has been created to support the responses of anxiety and stress from the recent Coronavirus outbreak. These responses are normal and may be more pronounced in people with loved ones in areas more impacted by the outbreak.
It’s important to do the following:
- Be Prepared–Having a plan and being prepared can provide a sense of control and security.
- Healthy Habits are Key– Eat healthy whole foods, move and stretch every day, get as close to 8 hours of sleep as possible and practice mindfulness.
- Keep Calm– Anxiety increases heart rate and respirations, clouds judgement and takes us out of the present moment. Ground yourself. What is happening at this moment? Remind yourself often by saying something like, “I am doing everything I can to support my health.”
- Understand the Facts– Visit the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control websites for the best sources for factual information.
- Wash your Hands– washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and drying them thoroughly is the best way to stop the spread of germs. Use hand sanitizer when soap and water are not readily available.
Call now to speak with specially trained staff who can listen and provide you with support and behavioral health resources. Confidential and free of charge.