Opening a Child Support Case
Who can open a case
- Parent that has the child(ren)
- Parent paying support
- Caretaker - Non-parent who has the child in their custody
- Legal guardian
Ways to open case
- Apply online by completing a Online Application for Services – Click here for more information.
- If you are on public assistance CalWORKs (California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids) a case will automatically open for you.
- All printed applications must be signed in blue or black ink.
- Gather as much information as possible. The more information you provide helps us expedite the child support process. If a divorce order or other court order for support exists, please be sure to provide a copy with your application.
- Approximately 20 business days after we receive your application, you will receive notification in the mail informing you that your case is open.
Send the completed application and all accompanying forms to:
Department of Child Support Services
10417 Mountain View Ave.
Loma Linda, CA 92354