Online, Mail In & In Person Licensing
All dogs in the unincorporated area of San Bernardino County and the contract cities of Big Bear Lake and Yucaipa are required by law (SB County Code 32.0209, CA Health & Safety Code 121690) to be vaccinated and licensed at four (4) months of age to avoid late fees.
- Provide rabies certificate
- Provide spay/neuter certificate (for discounted fee)
- Submit application
- Pay fees
- Spayed or neutered dog discounted license fee for 1 year is $36.00.
- Senior citizen, 65 years or older (with proof) AND dog is spayed or neutered discounted license fee for 1 year is $18.00.
- Permanently disabled people (with proof) AND dog is spayed or neutered discounted license fee for 1 year is $18.00. For more information, see our Licensing Fees webpage.
A $20.00 penalty fee will be assessed on all unlicensed dogs if the dog is five (5) months of age or older and has been owned for more than fifteen (15) days. A $20.00 penalty fee will be assessed on all licenses, which have been renewed 30 days after the expiration of a current license.
Obtain License Online
Online licensing is available for residents of the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino County and the cities of Big Bear Lake and Yucaipa. You can renew existing licenses, purchase a new license, change your address, or make a donation through our online licensing website. Highland residents should contact the city of Highland for licensing.
Online Licensing Checklist:
- A description of the dog (name, breed, color, age, and sex).
- A current Rabies Vaccination Certificate. The rabies vaccination must be effective through the entire licensing period. The first rabies vaccination is valid for 1 year. The second rabies vaccination, given one year later, and following (or booster) rabies vaccinations are valid for 3 years.
- Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.
- FOR RENEWALS: If you received a renewal notice, you will be asked to provide your Person ID#, which is located in the lower left corner of the Dog License Application & Rabies Vaccination Certificate form.
How to Order Online:
1. Enter your information to “Find Your Information” or click on “Start New Registration”.
2. Complete the form with information about you and your dog.
3. Attach requested documents: Spay/Neuter and/or Rabies Vaccination (.JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .PDF, .BMP, .TIFF files accepted).
4. Submit information, then enter payment information.
5. Print and retain a copy of your receipt.
Your License Certificate and/or Permanent Tag will be mailed to you within 2 weeks. If you have questions or need more information, please call our toll free umber at 1-800-472-5609.
Visit the Online Licensing Website to get started.
Obtain License By Mail
You can get your dog license by mail. Please fill out the Dog License Application form.
Checklist of Items to Submit:
- ACC Dog License Application Form (for new licenses)
- Copy of rabies certificate
- Copy of spay/neuter certificate (for discounted fee)
- Proof of senior citizen (for discounted fee age 65 and over)
- Doctor’s statement of permanent disability (for discounted fee)
- Check or Money Order payable to “San Bernardino County Department of Public Health”
Submit all Items to:
351 N. Mt. View Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0003
Obtain License In Person
If you live in an unincorporated part of San Bernardino County, licenses may be obtained at the following locations. City of Highland residents can only get their licenses from Highland City Hall. City of Yucaipa residents may purchase their licenses at County-operated locations or Yucaipa City Hall.
|Apple Valley||Apple Valley Animal Shelter
22131 Powhatan Road
(760) 240-7000 X-7555
|Barstow||Barstow Humane Society
2480 East Main Street
|Big Bear Lake||Big Bear Animal Shelter
North Shore Road and Stanfield Cutoff
|Hesperia||Department of Public Health
16453 Bear Valley Road
|Highland||Highland City Hall (Highland residents only)
27215 Baseline Road
|San Bernardino||Animal Care and Control
351 N. Mountain View Avenue 1st Floor
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m- 5:00 p.m.
Devore Animal Shelter
19777 Shelter Way
Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m – 6:30 p.m. (Wednesday until 7:00 p.m.)
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
7086 Bullion Avenue
|Yucaipa||Yucaipa City Hall (Yucaipa residents only)
34272 Yucaipa Blvd.
|Yucca Valley||Yucca Valley Animal Shelter
4755 Malin Way
How to Keep Your Records Current
MOVED: If you have moved since your last licensing purchase, you may not receive a renewal notice. Any change of address must be reported within 30 days. Please contact us at 1-800-472-5609 and provide your name, previous address, phone number, dog’s name, license number and your new address and phone number(s) for our records.
TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP: Owners who transfer the ownership of a dog must, within 30 days thereafter, inform Animal Care and Control. To report a change, please contact us at 1-800-472-5609 and provide your name, address, phone number, dog’s name, license number and the name address and phone number of the new owner.
DECEASED: If your dog is now deceased, please notify our Department so we can remove you from our license renewal list. To report a change, please contact us at 1-800-472-5609 and provide your name, address, phone number, dog’s name, and license number.