Online, Mail In & In Person Licensing

All dogs in the unincorporated area of San Bernardino County and the contract cities of Big Bear Lake and Yucaipa are required by law (SB County Code 32.0209, CA Health & Safety Code 121690) to be vaccinated and licensed at four (4) months of age to avoid late fees. And dogs should be licensed within 15 days of coming home to their new family!

To license a dog 4 months and older:

  • Get your dog a rabies vaccination from your veterinarian. Keep the certificate!
  • Get a copy of the spay/neuter certificate (for discounted fee)
  • Submit the fees and certificate(s) along with your online, mail-in, or in person application


Discounts and Late Fees

When you get a new dog that is four months of age or older it should be licensed within the first 15 days of acquiring it. The regular license fee is $96.00 for one year for unaltered dogs. If your dog is altered (spayed/neutered) you will receive a discount on your license fee ($24.00 or $12.00 for senior citizens who are 65 years or older with proof of age or permanently disabled people). To receive the discount, you must provide us with a copy of your animal’s Spay/Neuter Certificate (along with the Rabies Vaccination Certificate). The fee for unaltered dogs is $96.00. View our Licensing Fees webpage for more information about fees.

A $20.00 penalty fee will be assessed on all unlicensed dogs if the dog is five (5) months of age or older and has been owned for more than fifteen (15) days. A $20.00 penalty fee will be assessed on all licenses, which have been renewed 30 days after the expiration of a current license.

Obtain License Online

Online licensing is available for residents of the unincorporated areas of San Bernardino County and the
cities of Big Bear Lake and Yucaipa. Highland residents should contact the city of Highland for licensing
information. You can renew existing licenses, purchase a new license, change your address, or make a
donation through our online licensing website.

Online Licensing Checklist
To order a new or renewal dog license online, you will need the following:

  • A description of the dog (name, breed, color, age, and sex).
  • A current Rabies Vaccination Certificate. Your dog must be currently vaccinated against rabies. The
    rabies vaccination must be effective through the entire licensing period. The first rabies vaccination is
    valid for 1 year. The second rabies vaccination, given one year later, and following (or booster) rabies
    vaccinations are valid for 3 years.
  • Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card number and expiration date.
  • FOR RENEWALS: If you received a renewal notice from our department, you will be asked to provide
    your Person ID #, which is located in the lower left corner of the Dog License Application & Rabies
    Vaccination Certificate form.

How to Order Online
Once you have visited the online licensing website:

1. Enter your information to “Find Your Information” or click on “Start New Registration”
2. Complete the form with information about you and your dog
3. Attach requested documents: Spay/Neuter and/or Rabies Vaccination  (.JPG, .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .PDF, .BMP, .TIFF files accepted)
4. Submit information, then enter payment information.
5. Print and retain a copy of your receipt


Your License Certificate and/or Permanent Tag will be mailed to you within 2 weeks. If you have questions or need more information, please call our toll free
number at 1-800-472-5609.

Visit the Online Licensing Website to get started.

Obtain License By Mail

You can get your dog license by mail. Please fill out the Dog License Application form.

Checklist of Items to Submit:

  • ACC Dog License Application Form (for new licenses)
  • Copy of rabies certificate
  • Copy of spay/neuter certificate (for discounted fee)
  • Proof of senior citizen (for discounted fee age 65 and over)
  • Doctor’s statement of permanent disability (for discounted fee)
  • Check or Money Order payable to “San Bernardino County Department of Public Health”

Submit all Items to:

San Bernardino County Animal Care & Control Program
Licensing Department
351 N. Mt. View Avenue
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0003
Obtain License In Person

If you live in an unincorporated part of San Bernardino County, licenses may be obtained in person at the following locations. Please call ahead to confirm hours. Note: City of Highland residents can only get their licenses from Highland City Hall. City of Yucaipa residents may purchase their licenses at County-operated locations and Yucaipa City Hall.

Apple Valley Apple Valley Animal Shelter
22131 Powhatan Road
(760) 240-7000 X-7555
Barstow Barstow Humane Society
2480 East Main Street
(760) 252-4800
Big Bear Lake Big Bear Animal Shelter
North Shore Road and Stanfield Cutoff
(909) 866-4943
Hesperia Department of Public Health
16453 Bear Valley Road
(800) 722-4777
Highland Highland City Hall (Highland residents only)
27215 Baseline Road
(909) 864-6861
San Bernardino Animal Care and Control
351 N. Mountain View Avenue 1st Floor
(800) 472-5609
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m- 5:00 p.m.
Devore Animal Shelter
19777 Shelter Way
(909) 386-9820
Monday – Friday 10:00 a.m – 6:30 p.m. (Wednesday until 7:00 p.m.)
Saturday & Sunday 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Twenty-Nine Palms Palms-N-Paws
7086 Bullion Avenue
(760) 367-0157
Yucaipa Yucaipa City Hall (Yucaipa residents only)
34272 Yucaipa Blvd.
(909) 797-2489
Yucca Valley Yucca Valley Animal Shelter
4755 Malin Way
pet adoptions

How to Keep Your Records Current

Have you moved, transferred ownership to another party or is your dog now deceased? Please notify us of these changes so we can keep your licensing records up-to-date.

MOVED: If you have moved since your last licensing purchase, you may not receive a renewal notice. Any change of address must be reported to the San Bernardino County Animal Care and Control within 30 days following such a change. Please contact us at 1-800-472-5609 and provide your name, previous address, phone number, dog’s name, license number and your new address and phone number(s) for our records.

TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP: Owners who transfer the ownership of a dog must, within 30 days thereafter, inform Animal Care and Control. To report a change, please contact us at 1-800-472-5609 and provide your name, address, phone number, dog’s name, license number and the name address and phone number of the new owner.

DECEASED: If your dog is now deceased, please notify our Department so we can remove you from our license renewal list. To report a change, please contact us at 1-800-472-5609 and provide your name, address, phone number, dog’s name, and license number.