County Nutrition Action Partnership
Vision: We envision a county where access to healthy choices is a right.
Mission: To make healthy choices accessible and affordable to all through collaborative partnerships.
The San Bernardino County Nutrition Action Partnership (CNAP) coordinates collaborative efforts and fosters partnerships among community organizations in order to empower and enable residents to have access to and choose healthy foods/beverages and increase physical activity. This is accomplished through enhancing communication among organizations, education, advocacy, environmental supports, coordination, and collaboration.
- Promote the USDA Summer Meal Program to increase participation, add summer meal sites, incorporate nutrition education, physical activity, and other obesity prevention efforts.
- Support the Food Rescue Anti-Hunger Coalition in efforts to reduce food waste and address food insecurity.
- Promote physical activity at meetings lasting longer than one hour.
Other coordinated strategies conducted with specific CNAP member organizations include:
- Support healthy nutrition standards (e.g. vending, food bank health and wellness, retail guidelines).
- Partner with the Transitional Assistance Department/CalFresh to conduct outreach and nutrition education targeting the CalFresh Food-eligible population.
- Support organizations in their Policy, Systems, and Environment (PSE) change efforts.
Participating organizations include the following:
San Bernardino County Department of Public Health Nutrition Program
Transitional Assistance Department/CalFresh
Women, Infants and Children
Child Care Resource Center
California Food Policy Advocates
Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino (CAPSBC)
Dairy Council of California
2-1-1 Inland Empire United Way
San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
Loma Linda University School of Public Health
University of California Cooperative Extension Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP)
St. Mary Medical Center
Inland Empire Job Corps
No Kid Hungry
Hesperia Unified School District
Redlands Unified School District
Rialto Unified School District
CNAP meets on the second Tuesday of every other month in order to address member-directed priorities. All meetings are open to the public.
To be added to the CNAP email list and receive future meeting announcements, please connect with us at Nutrition.SanBernardinoCounty@dph.sbcounty.gov or (909) 388-5650.