- Because cool roofs save both money and energy, in October 2005 they became part of the prescriptive requirements of California's energy code, the Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
- Most cool roof materials for low-sloped roofs are white or another light color.
- Because steep-sloped roofs are often visible from the ground, however, roofing material manufacturers have developed popular roof colors other than white that will still reflect or emit the sun's energy away from the building.
- Fill out the Cool Roof Form and upload as an attachment for your record.
- If you do not know how to upload an attachment, please review the "Add An Attachment” video on the "Home" page of the EZOP web portal.