- The information provided in this handout is a summary of the swimming pool safety requirements contained in Chapter 31 of the 2013 California Building Code as modified by the Swimming Pool Safety Act, California Health and Safety Code, and San Bernardino County for residential pools and spas.
- San Bernardino County Department of Public Health, Division of Environmental Health Services (DEHS) is the local regulatory agency for all public swimming pools in San Bernardino County.
- The SWIMMING POOL, SPA AND HOT TUB BARRIER REQUIREMENTS guide has been uploaded as an attached to application you submit.
- Please ensure that you comply with the requirements.
- You do not have to sign and upload an acknowledgement that you have read and understand the requirement.