The Department of Public Works, Solid Waste Management Division reviews and approves all new construction projects required to submit a Construction and Demolition Solid Waste Management Plan (waste management plan). Effective January 1, 2017, the California Green Building Standards Code requires all newly constructed buildings, including low-rise residential and most non-residential commercial projects, to develop a waste management plan and divert a minimum of 65% of the construction waste. The waste management plan consists of two parts that are incorporated into the Conditions of Approval for County Planning and Building & Safety. Part I requires projects to estimate the amount of tonnage to be disposed and diverted during construction. Part II requires projects to show what tonnage was actually diverted and disposed of. Disposal/diversion receipts or certifications are required as a part of that summary.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Solid Waste Management||
222 W. Hospitality Lane, Second Floor
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Public Works" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Construction Waste Management Plan - Part 1" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Construction Waste Management Plan - Part 1