Transportation Encroachment Permits allow you to encroach onto County Maintained Road System right-of-way to perform work or construct certain improvements. Examples include: construction of driveway approaches, installation or replacement of power poles, sidewalk repairs or replacements, construction of parking decks in mountain areas or traffic control to access existing underground utility facilities. A Transportation Encroachment Permit is required to ensure that proposed improvements do not interfere with the County’s operation and maintenance responsibilities and is in alignment with County and California Streets and Highways Codes.
Other possible requirements related to these permits include, but are not limited to: Construction Plans Minimum Measure Best Management Practices Acknowledgement Traffic Control Plans
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
825 East Third Street
- Guidance for Transportation Encroachment Permits
- To determine if a road is County-maintained a GIS map of CMRS is available at: http://sbcountydpw.maps.arcgis.com/
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Public Works" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Encroachment Permit" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.