The purpose of a special inspector is to inspect specific work to ensure conformance with the approved design drawings and specifications. Special inspectors inspect, test and approve the following types of work: Concrete placement, Structural masonry, Piling, piers, and/or caissons, Reinforcing and/or pre-stressing, steel placement, Structural welding, and High-strength bolting. The special inspector shall furnish inspection reports to the building official, the engineer or architect of record, and other designated persons.
Typical Related Records that are associated with this application: Accessory, Single Family Residence, and Non-Residential Records, though any project could utilize an approved fabricator depending on the type of construction.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Building and Safety||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Building" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Special Inspector" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.