The Certificate of Land Use Compliance is used to certify the legal use of property, establish termination dates for nonconforming uses, disclose in public records any conditions of operation and any other long term conditions or restrictions that apply to the subject use or property. Upon approval, the Planning staff will make provision for the Certificate to be filed for recordation by the County Recorder.
In some instances, the Current Planning Division may require the filing of a Certificate of Land Use Compliance as a condition of approval of a land use application.
The Certificate will:
1. Identify the real property involved.
2. Certify that a given use is legally authorized by the County and will identify any land use application that was filed to authorize the development.
3. List the conditions for the development and operation of a use on the site including any required time limits for the termination of nonconforming uses structures.
This is an administrative process conducted by Staff of the Land Use Services Department.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Services Planning||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Certificate of Land Use Compliance" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Certificate of Land Use Compliance