This process is used to legalize a parcel that was created on or after March 4, 1972. It also may impose any necessary conditions to provide the appropriate improvements.
- A Certificate of Compliance application applies only to a single parcel and is required when:
- an existing land violation prevents the division or development of property or,
- when such a certificate is desired as provided for in the Business and Profession Code, Section 11538.3.
- Actions to approve or deny Certificate of Compliance Land Use Applications are normally taken by the Land Use Services Director or a designee.
- A copy of your application will be distributed to the Department of the County Surveyor, Public Works Department, Environmental Health Services, the County Fire Department, Special Districts Department and other agencies deemed appropriate for review and comment. Comments from these agencies and applicable County regulations and policies will be used in reaching a decision regarding your application.
- It is unlawful to offer for sale, lease, financing or other conveyance, any portions of real property, or obtain building permits, until the Certificate of Compliance has been given final approval by the County and all conditions of the approval satisfied.
- Your application begins processing with a preliminary determination as to whether or not you beneficially control any contiguous parcels of land, and correctness of deed. If the preliminary check indicates any complications, a more thorough review is made which may delay processing.
- Applications are considered on the basis of lot design, topography, and consistency with lots in the immediate area, conformance with the requirements of the zone classification, vehicular road access to each lot, and conformance with provisions of State and County Ordinances and policies.
Application Processing Cost:
- Applications including four (4) parcels and a remainder will be charged a flat processing fee.
- Applications including five (5) or more parcels will be processed at actual cost. For more information about actual cost application processing, please contact Land Use Services Planning Division at (909) 387-8311.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Services Planning||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Certificate of Subdivision Compliance" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Certificate of Subdivision Compliance