Erosion Control–Building

A Grading Permit is required when excavation (cut) and embankment (fill) grading activities move more than 50 cubic yards. Prior to starting any grading activities, you will be required to submit plans and any necessary supporting documentation. After submitting your plans, they go through the plan review process, which involves reviews to verify compliance with the California Building Codes, San Bernardino County Development Code, and/or any required laws and regulations.

Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal


Department Address Phone
Building and Safety

385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
San Bernardino, CA 92415

(909) 387-8311

Application Path:

  • Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
  • Step 2: Click "Building" in the navigation menu.
    building application
  • Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
    create an application button
  • Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
  • Step 5: Select "Erosion Control" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
    Erosion Control Erosion Control permit button
Project Name
Erosion Control