Information for Hotel/Motel Business License Applicants
Photo Identification - The applicant must supply photo identification, such as California driver's license of ID card, to establish identity and proof of age.
Fingerprints - Each new applicant must be fingerprinted. Applicants will contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department for more information. Applicants can check in with the Employee Resources Division of the Sheriff's Department to be Live Scanned.
Sheriff's Department/Records Division
655 East Third St., San Bernardino
Note: Renewal applicants should not need to be fingerprinted again unless required by the Sheriff's Department.
New owner - If the applicant is the new owner of an existing hotel/motel, the applicant must supply the bill of sale.
Inspection Sheet - First time applicants must obtain approval from the following County departments and submit the application with the inspection sheet (bottom of the application) signed off by all:
County Fire Department (local fire authority) (909) 386-8400
Environmental Health Services (800) 442-2283
Planning (No Zoning Issues)
San Bernardino (909) 387-8311
Hesperia (760) 995-8140
Sheriff's Department/Records Division (909) 888-5916
• Code Enforcement Schedule of Fees.
• Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Form.
For information regarding Uniform Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) form call (909) 387-8308.
Please fill out the application questionnaire completely and accurately. Some fields are accompanied by additional help text. Click the (?) next to a field to show supplementary information.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Enforcement" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Hotel Motel Business License Application" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Hotel Motel Business License Application