About Lot Line Adjustments
The County Development Code requires a Lot Line Adjustment approval when a property owner wants to adjust the lot line between at least two, but no more than four, adjacent parcels. In a Lot Line Adjustment, land is taken from one parcel and added to an adjacent parcel. No additional parcels may be created and the number of parcels may not be reduced.
Typical reasons for a lot line adjustment include:
1. Elimination of existing encroachments.
2. Meeting the minimum area requirements of the Development Code.
3. Meeting building code setback requirements.
4. Accommodating topographic features.
The Director of Land Use Services approves Lot line adjustments. Any interested party may appeal the decision of the Director prior to the effective date of the decision. Before approving a Lot Line Adjustment, the Director must be able to make the following findings:
1. The proposed lot line adjustment is consistent with the San Bernardino Consolidated General Plan, Development Code, and any Specific Plans.
2. The proposed lot line adjustment will not adversely affect public health and safety.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Services Planning||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Lot Line Adjustment" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Lot Line Adjustment