Businesses located within the limits of an incorporated city, do not require a license from Code Enforcement; however, the city in which the business is located may have licensing requirements. Please contact this office to determine the jurisdiction.
Sole providers are exempt from the requirement to obtain a license.
All employed technicians must possess a current State issued certificate.
Owners applying for a new license to operate an existing massage clinic must attach a bill of sale to the application.
Approval from all of the following County departments is required prior to submitting a NEW application for processing.
• County Fire Department (909) 386-8400
• Environmental Health Services (800) 442-2283
• Planning Division
o San Bernardino (909) 387-8311
o Hesperia (760) 995-8140
• Sheriff’s Department/Records Division (909) 888-5916
An application for renewal of a License for Massage Clinic Business requires approval from the Sheriff’s Department/Records Division only.
Each applicant must be fingerprinted, via Live Scan, through the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department. Two copies of the completed Live Scan form will be returned to the applicant, one to be submitted to Code Enforcement with the application as proof of fingerprinting.
Contact: Sheriff’s Department/Records Division
655 East Third St., San Bernardino
NOTE: If a Live Scan was completed after April 30, 2006 and is on file with Code Enforcement, no additional fingerprinting is necessary.
After approvals and verification of Live Scan have been obtained, submit the application, in person, with the inspection sheet to Code Enforcement.
The following non-refundable fees are required when applying for a massage clinic business license. Current fees can be found at www.sbcounty.gov.
• Application fee: paid when submitting the first application.
• Initial license fee: paid when the first license is issued.
• Renewal fee: paid when the license is renewed.
A current government issued photo identification, such as California driver’s license or ID card, must be presented to establish identity and proof of age.
The Code Enforcement staff member will take the applicant’s photo, which will be placed on the business license.
Issuance and duration of business license
A valid Massage Clinic business license will be issued after all applicable agencies have given approval and the applicant has paid all applicable fees.
The license will be valid for a period of two years.
• Code Enforcement Schedule of Fees.
• Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) Form.
For information regarding Uniform Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) form call (909) 387-8308.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Enforcement" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Massage Clinic Business License Application" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Massage Clinic Business License Application