A Non-Residential Accessory permit is required prior to any construction of a nonresidential accessory structures greater than 120 square feet. The definition of Accessory Structure is any structure accessory to and incidental to that of the dwelling(s) and that is located on the same lot. Examples of accessory structures are desks, patio covers, and metal storage containers. Prior to starting construction you will be required to submit plans and any necessary supporting documentation for review and approval by the County. The plan review process involves verifying compliance with the California Building Codes, San Bernardino County Fire Code, San Bernardino County Development Code and/or any required laws and regulations.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Building" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Non-Residential Accessory" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.