A Building Permit is required for an owner or contractor of a property to construct any new building or structure greater than 120 square feet. Prior to starting construction you will be required to submit plans and any necessary supporting documentation for review and approval by the County. The plan review process involves verifying compliance with the California Building Codes, San Bernardino County Fire Code, San Bernardino County Development Code, and/or any required laws and regulations.
Other possible requirements related to these permits include, but are not limited to: Grading, Water Quality/Post Construction Management Plan, Street Improvement Plan, Road Dedication (Gratis Deed), Geology Investigation, Geotechnical Report, Traffic Ad-Hoc Fees, Construction and Demolition Waste Management Plan, Demolition, Fire Sprinklers, and/or Environmental Health
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Building and Safety||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Building" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Non-Residential New Construction" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Non-Residential New Construction