Professional Consultations are used to request meetings, research, or preparation of a rebuild letter.
In order for a Rebuild Letter to be issued, staff will perform research to determine:
- that the residence(s) in question was legally built; and
- that the residential use has continued since that time.
If we are unable to find the applicable permits, the letter cannot be issued. If you would like the letter faxed somewhere or wish to pick it up, please indicate such in your request comments on the Questionnaire page.
PLEASE NOTE: San Bernardino County Development Code Section 84.17.040 (c) requires that in order for a nonconforming use (a use no longer compatible with its current zoning) to be rebuilt if damaged or destroyed, 25% of the value must remain. The remaining value would be determined by a Building and Safety Inspector at the necessary time.
After receipt of this application and fees, a planner will contact you to schedule an appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: Any information provided by staff during a consultation is NOT a guarantee of project success or failure as all projects are subject to a comprehensive review of a formal application submittal. Also, policy changes or new ordinances adopted subsequently to this meeting may alter any determination made.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Planning: Government Center||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Professional Consultation" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.