In accordance with San Bernardino County Code, effective July 1, 2017 all properties with single and multi-family rental dwellings in the unincorporated areas of the County are required to maintain a valid "Rental Dwelling Unit License."
This license applies to rentals lasting 30 or more consecutive days in any consecutive 12-month period. This requirement is in addition to other permits that may be required (e.g., Health, Building and Safety, Fire, etc.).
Property Owners licensing multiple properties must submit a separate application and pay a separate fee for each property.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Service Code Enforcement||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Enforcement" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Rental Dwelling Unit License Application" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Rental Dwelling Unit License Application