Road Construction Permit–Public Works

Transportation Construction Permits allow you to encroach onto County Maintained Road System right-of-way for the laying, constructing, or repairing of appurtenant road improvements. Transportation Construction Permits apply to all construction or repair of road, drainage, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, storm drain, street lights, signing & striping, traffic signals or any other work that is a part of the road system, except individual driveway approaches, in the County maintained road right-of-way or that will be taken into the County Maintained Road System.

Other possible requirements related to these permits include, but are not limited to: Construction Plans like street improvement plans, signing and striping plans or traffic signal plans Soils Report with pavement recommendations Minimum Measure Best Management Practices Acknowledgement Traffic Control Plans

Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal


Department Address Phone

825 East Third Street
San Bernardino, CA 92415

(909) 387-7910


Application Path:

  • Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
  • Step 2: Click "Public Works" in the navigation menu.
    public works application
  • Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
    create an application button
  • Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
  • Step 5: Select "Road Construction Permit" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
    Road Construction Permit Road Construction Permit permit button
Project Name
Construct New Road
Construct New Road - Subdivision/Tract
Road Construction