Application for events shall be submitted in a complete form in advance of the anticipated commencement of the activity as follows: (1) Minor events. (A) Events proposed to operate for the first time: At least 30 days in advance for a community celebration, and at least 90 days in advance for any other event. (B) Recurring events: At least 30 days in advance if the event had been previously reviewed and approved. (2) Major events. At least 180 days in advance. Temporary Special Events include all carnivals, community celebrations, off-road vehicle races, outdoor festivals, sporting events, parades, fairs, animal races, religious festivals, revival meetings and similar public gatherings.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Temporary Special Even Permit " and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Temporary Special Even Permit