A temporary structure permit is required for temporary residential quarters, temporary mobile office trailers, and temporary security quarters.
TEMPORARY RESIDENTIAL QUARTERS: A recreational vehicle or travel trailer occupied as residential quarters on a temporary basis by an individual constructing the first residence on the property.
Applicant must have a permit issued for the construction of a residence prior to the approval of the Temporary Use Permit.
TEMPORARY MOBILE OFFICE TRAILERS: Office trailers (single-section unit only) used temporarily as a construction office while construction is ongoing on the property. Applicant must have a construction permit issued for construction project prior to the approval of the Temporary Use Permit.
TEMPORARY SECURITY QUARTERS: Residential quarters (single-section unit only) occupied by security personnel engaged in the short-term protection of a legally established and permitted commercial, commercial agricultural, industrial or institutional use; or for construction projects which have a issued construction permits.
The application consists of two parts. The first part is the submittal of the application to allow the temporary use and the second is the installation of the unit on the site (setdown). Placement of the unit on the site may NOT occur until after the Temporary Use Permit application has been approved and the Setdown Permit has been issued. No occupancy or use of the structure is permitted prior to final inspection of the setdown. The structure or vehicle so permitted shall provide evidence of approval by the State Division of Housing as prescribed in the California Health and Safety Code or the Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- FINAL INSPECTION: Final inspection to include electrical hook up and sewer/water connections if unit has plumbing facilities.
- PERMIT EXPIRATION: The permit will automatically expire and will remain invalid if inspection is not called for within 180 days of the date of issuance.The Temporary Use Permit shall become invalid upon completion, expiration, or cancellation of the building permit for which the use was approved. In no case shall the Temporary Use Permit be valid for a period of time to exceed FIVE (5) YEARS from the date of its original issuance. The Temporary Use Permit may be canceled for non-compliance with the conditions set forth in approving the permit and/or as specified in the County Development Code.
- PERMIT RENEWAL: The Temporary Use Permit is issued for a period not to exceed twelve (12) months. If the unit still qualifies for a temporary use, a Renewal Permit must be applied for prior to the expiration date. It is the owner/applicant's responsibility to notify Building and Safety of their intent to extend the permit or cease occupancy of the unit.
- Prior to approval of the final construction project, recreational vehicles/travel trailers must be disconnected from utilities and temporary mobile offices trailers must be removed from the property.
FAILURE TO RENEW THE TEMPORARY USE PERMIT OR REMOVE THE UNIT AT THE END OF THE APPROVED TIME PERIOD WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION TO REMOVE THE UNIT.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Services||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Building" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Temporary Structure" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.