As provided in the San Bernardino County Development Code Title 8, Division 4, Temporary Use Permits (TUP) may be issued for:
1. Batch Plants.
Batch plants necessary for the construction of major public infrastructure improvements provided proper review in compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) is completed.
2. Construction yards - Off-site.
Off-site contractors' construction yards, for an approved construction project. The construction yard shall be removed immediately upon completion of the construction project, or the expiration of the Building Permit authorizing the construction project, whichever first occurs.
3. Interim Operation of Activities Requiring a Conditional Use Permit.
The interim operation of any use requiring a Conditional Use Permit may be issued only after the reviewing agency makes the findings required for approval of a Conditional Use Permit.
4. Similar Temporary Activities.
A temporary activity that the Director determines is similar to the other activities listed in Section 84.25.040 and compatible with the applicable land use zoning district and surrounding land uses.
5. Temporary Outdoor Storage or Sales.
Interim operation of an exterior storage area or short-term exterior sales display area not including seasonal sales lots.
6. Model Homes.
A model home or model home complex.
7. Real Estate Sales Office.
A temporary real estate sales office (modular structure) may be established within the area of an approved subdivision, solely for the first sale of homes.
8. On-your-lot Builder Model Home/Sales Office.
A Single residential dwelling unit may be used as a temporary sales office and model home.
The following minimum standards are established for any temporary structure or use:
1. Structure and property development improvements.
Access, floor areas, heights, landscaping, off-street parking, setbacks, signs, utilities, and other structure and property development improvements and features;
2. Removal of the activity and site restoration.
Measures for removal of the activity and site restoration, to ensure that no changes to the site would limit the range of possible future land uses otherwise allowed by the Development Code. Performance security may be required before installation of the temporary structure or initiation of the temporary use to ensure cleanup after the structure is removed or the use is finished in compliance with Section 86.06.050 (Performance Guarantees);
3. Time limitation.
Limitation on the duration of an approved "temporary structure," to a maximum of 12 months, so that it shall not become a permanent or long-term structure; and
4. No Permanent Structures.
Granting of this permit does not authorize the construction or establishment of any new permanent structures.
Can I apply online? Yes, applications can be found in the EZ Online Permitting Portal
|Land Use Services Planning||
385 N. Arrowhead Ave.
- Step 1: Navigate to the EZOP Portal
- Step 2: Click "Planning" in the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Click the "Create an Application" button.
- Step 4: Read and accept the disclaimer. Then click the "Continue Application" button.
- Step 5: Select "Temporary Use Permit" and click "Continue Application" to begin the application.
Temporary Use Permit