The mission of the Transitional Assistance Department is to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing economic support to individuals and families. We are committed to working collaboratively to provide our services accurately and efficiently, with a high emphasis on integrity, respect and customer service.
Message from the Director
The Transitional Assistance Department (TAD) enhances the quality of life in the community by administering support programs to persons in need of financial, nutritional and/or medical assistance, while working with families and individuals to attain self-sufficiency. TAD is committed to working collaboratively to provide our services accurately and efficiently, with a high emphasis on integrity, respect and customer service.
Building upon our successes and leveraging the experience and innovation of our staff, TAD continuously evaluates business processes to ensure we are meeting the needs of the community with a high emphasis on the customer experience.
– GILBERT RAMOS
Transitional Assistance Goals
- Create and send proactive text notifications informing customers of various information and required actions regarding their CalFresh case.
- Provide housing and rental assistance to 250 CalWORKs families experiencing homelessness through the Housing Support Program (HSP).
Our department continues to focus efforts on ensuring the customer experience is conducive to access and reducing barriers to participation. Especially important are initiatives that provide ease of access, some highlights include:
Technology and Process Initiatives to Increase Customer Access and Service “Experience”
- Self-Serve Lobby Kiosk – Kiosks which have the ability to image and accept documents and provide receipts. This technology results in reduced wait times for customers in the lobby.
- Wireless Bar Code Readers (WBR) – Hand held devices which scan and accept customer documents while in the lobby, providing customer receipts and reducing/eliminating lobby wait times.
- Child Care – Child care rooms with attendants are an essential make-up of our lobby design and service premise, allowing parents who must bring their children to attend to the application process without distraction.