We are happy to be utilizing a countywide standardized assessment tool, as we work together to meet the needs of our adult consumers and their families through the use of a strength-based, needs-driven approach.
The Adult Needs & Strengths Assessment (ANSA) is a comprehensive assessment tool used throughout the United States by organizations and individuals to communicate treatment needs and progress.
- The Ansa is a multi-purpose tool developed for adult behavioral health services that focuses on consumer’s primary needs and strengths.
- The ANSA is a tool used to communicate with the consumer, family, and treatment team about progress and goals.
- The ANSA is a decision support tool that tracks consumer progress and changes to better determine appropriate level of care for consumer.
- The ANSA helps to facilitate quality improvement.
- The ANSA ensures that consumer strengths and needs are incorporated in the plan of care.
- The ANSA is used as an outcome measure to track changes through the adult system of care.
- The ANSA-SB items are incorporated into the Adult Clinical Assessment, so new clients to DBH shall have the initial ANSA-SB completed by the time the clinical assessment is finalized.
- Updates to ANSA-SB shall be made either every three (3) months or every six (6) months, depending upon the intensity of the program serving the client.
- Typically, Full Service Partnerships are considered to be intensive and complete updates every three (3) months
- All updates are completed within Objective Arts
- At discharge, an ANSA-SB must be completed unless one has been completed within 30 days, and there are no additional changes in the scores.
- In no case shall a period of more than six months pass without an ANSA-SB being completed, unless the client has not been consistent in accessing care.
- All Update and Discharge ANSAs shall be completed in Objective Arts
Forms and Manuals
Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS)
For information about Objective Arts please see the: Transformational Collaborative Outcomes Management (TCOM)