Court Services Division
Noel Wilterding, Captain
157 W 5th Street - 3rd floor
San Bernardino, California 92415
Monday – Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, excluding holidays.
We have seen an increase in scammers calling residents and claiming to be members of our department attempting to resolve an important legal matter. The scammer will often allege that the resident failed to attend a court hearing after they signed for the subpoena and that a bench warrant(s) is being issued for their arrest. THIS IS A SCAM!
The scammer will call from a number that seems legitimate, IT'S NOT.
The Sheriff's Department will not call and ask for money in exchange for clearing a warrant. If the call seems suspicious, hang up.
You can report scams to your local law enforcement agency.
If you have received a call like this and are worried it may be legitimate, you can contact our Civil Enforcement Division at 909-387-5700 and speak with a member of our department.
The Sheriff’s Court Services Division serves the San Bernardino Superior Court, providing professional security services and enforcing orders of the courts of the State of California. It is the second largest division within the Sheriff’s Department and is comprised of two separate components: Court Security Information and the Civil Enforcement Division. Deputies assigned to security functions ensure the safety and decorum of the court. Deputies and professional staff assigned to Civil Division receive, serve and execute civil processes and orders of the court in the manner prescribed by law.
- Any firearms
- Stun guns
- Gun shaped lighters
- Toy or replica guns
- All bullets and ammunition
- Knives or cutting instruments of any kind
- Miscellaneous sharp items including scissors
- Tools of any kind
- Aerosol spray cans including mace or pepper spray
- Butane fuel
- Torch lighters
- Chains over 24 inches in length
- Laser pointers
- Needles/Syringes (non-diabetics or without a prescription)
- Handcuffs keys
- Excess clothing beyond what is reasonable for personal use and current weather conditions
- Camera and video equipment
- Other items that present a safety concern as determined by Sheriff's Department