The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department is dedicated to the safety of its residents. The Sheriff is authorized to issue concealed carry weapon permits (CCW) to county residents who qualify under California law. A CCW authorizes a private person to carry a concealed firearm in public. Please do not call Employee Resources to be placed on a cancellation list - we do not have a list available at this time.
To begin the process or to renew a permit please follow these steps:
- Be of good moral character
- Full-time resident of San Bernardino County
- Must have valid identification
- Be at least 21 years old
- Own and have a gun registered in California
- Not have any open criminal cases or pending citations
- Not have any felony convictions or specified misdemeanors per Penal Code Sections 29900-29905
- Not be on active probation
Employees Resources will contact you to schedule your firearms safety course date. Penal Code Section 26165, requires all CCW permit holders to attend a mandatory 8-hour training course before issuance of a new CCW permit (for these forms please click link below)
If you are renewing your CCW you will be required to take a 4-hour training course before issuance of your permit.
- All retired reserves are required to qualify annually with their firearms.
- This form must be provided to the range master for completion and forwarded to Volunteer Forces upon successful qualification.
- The form must be used for all annual qualifications regardless of where the range is located.
- We will only accept qualifications that occur at a Law Enforcement Range.
- Failure to qualify annually will result in the revocation of a CCW endorsed ID card.
- Retired Reserve Qualifications Form
Please contact Employee Resources at (909) 387-3750 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org