Crime Free Multi-Housing
The Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is a partnership with property managers, owners, landlords and residents. The goal is to reduce crime through community partnerships and pro-active steps to improve the quality of life for our community.
The programs consist of three phases that must be completed under the supervision of the local sheriff’s station. Property managers and owners can become individually certified after completing training in each phase and the property can become certified when all phases are completed.
- Introduction to the Crime Free Lease Addendum
- Learning the eviction process
- Establishing fair screening
- Learning your legal rights and responsibilities
- Optimizing your professional relationship with law enforcement
- Terms of Programs Registration & Agreement
- Crime Free Lease Addendum
- A decline in property value
- Property damage from neglect or abuse
- Increase risk of civil liability
- Added fear of respectable tenants
- Valued tenants move due to crime
- Loss of rental income due to eviction or property repair
- Improved property values
- A stable tenant base
- Improved property reputation
- Lower maintenance costs
- More secure rental units
- Safer exterior environment
- Reduced premise liability
For more information on the Crime Free Multi-Housing program or if you would like to get your property started, please contact your crime prevention officer.
Wednesday, March 14, 2018, at the Apple Valley Station
Wednesday, June 6, 2018, in Rancho Cucamonga
Wednesday, September 12, 2018, in Victorville
Wednesday, December 12, 2018, in Yucaipa Reservations:Please notify the Public Affairs Division at (909)387-3700 to confirm your attendance.